Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sorry for the lack of attention here folks! I have been feeling quite guilty about not keeping you all in the loop, and all that jazz that comes along with it. But as I sit here, sipping my very sweet, morning coffee and hear the water pumping into our little koi pond....I think I am going to need a few more days of contemplation, reconfiguration, and peace. Soooo....What I'm saying is that I love you for checking in, but due to the holidays and over-eating...I need to save my energy for digesting and sleeping : p! I will be back January 1st for serious info spills and pictures to share my holiday with YOU!


On a side note, I can't help but share this movie with you. It's out in theaters now and although I wasn't too sure about the title (Black Swan?! Gimme a break), when I saw it at the DVD stand for a buck fifty I couldn't help but indulge in what I thought would be very girly BS that I'd never, ever tell my brothers I viewed, much less paid for! So you can imagine my surprise when I popped it in, and from the opening scene not only was I completely captured by the dark scenes and intimidating atmosphere of ballet between young women, but the acting was superb! I mean, Natalie Portman is completely gorgeous and is always a wonderful person to watch on the screen, but I mean ALL the actors were just fantastic and fitting! (Winona Ryder, Mila Kunis, Vincent Cassel...and directed by Darren Aronofsky- Directed "Requiem for a Dream", which was/is incredible). Just go see it...let me know what you think!




Also, might I suggest 127 Hours. I haven't found it available out here yet, but the trailer practically moved me to tears (granted, some commercials have the same effect so I'm not sure that has much weight), but I have heard awesome things about this movie. Directed by Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire) and stars James Franco, who isn't too hard on the eyes...I mean his acting skills are phenomenal (they really are!) So check it out and see if it grabs your fancy...




And for you couch potatoes out there (I'm one of you too these days), A Serious Man, by the Coen Brothers. Hilarious at times, dry in others, and pretty much all around one of the more quirky movies I've seen in a long while (I mean, it is directed by two guys known for this quality...) I would highly suggest this flick (but have a romantic comedy in hand, to follow up on it, if you are having a sensitive streak). Don't be fooled by the super bizarre opening scene...just keep watching!




And there I go again. I thought I just said that I was taking a few more days off, but I can't stop thinking about these flicks, so I'm happy to get it off my chest. They really are fantastic so go treat yourself to a tub of buttery popcorn and comfy seat up front...I'll live vicariously through you...and, while we're both here, here's a song that I can't get over...


GUARDS - I See It Coming

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season and that you have a beautiful New Year, full of great, happy, strong energy!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, hello there, Sweetness! So nice to hear from you! I hope you had a good Christmas! I am so curious how you celebrated!
    Are you teaching? I wonder what the schedule is like for you there...
    I just read something about the Black Swan movie today... Natalie Portman is engaged to the French dancer and is with child... James Franco is delicious, and I mean to see that movie, but I recall the story of the true adventure, and, well, I have a weak stomach when it comes to that kind of thing...I want to see True Grit, so maybe over the weekend (speaking of Coen Brothers).
    All is well in Atlanta, I returned yesterday to a dusting of snow... Have you heard of the massive snowstorm across the Northeast? Measured in feet, not inches!
    Well, I sure do miss you, Kel... I hope all goes well for you, and just know you are truly loved...
    La

    ReplyDelete